Interview: Jordana Brewster Talks ‘F9: The Fast Saga’, Who She’d Like To See Join The Franchise Next & More
The F9: The Fast Saga director’s cut is now available on digital, 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD! To celebrate, press were invited to attend F9 Fest, a large-scale, immersive media event at the Universal backlot, spanning a full day of experiences and interview opportunities.
For those who have seen F9, you will have seen that a lot of familiar faces that we’ve grown to love over the course of the franchise were brought back. Not only did Sung Kang reprise his role as Han, but we also saw the return of another Toretto with Jordana Brewster reprising her role as Mia.
During my chat with Brewster, she spoke about what it was like returning after leaving at the end of Fast 7, what it is like being a mother and using her real emotions to make sure it feels real. Lastly, she spoke about working with John Cena as her brother and who she would like to see join the franchise next.
Check out the interview with Jordana Brewster below:
F9: The Fast Saga Synopsis
Dom Toretto (Vin Diesel) thought he’d left his outlaw life in the rear-view mirror, but not even he can outrun the past. When his forsaken brother Jakob (John Cena, Bumblebee) unexpectedly resurfaces as an elite assassin, the crew comes back together to help Dom confront the sins of his own past and stop a world-shattering plot. Franchise veteran Justin Lin returns to the director’s seat for F9 and delivers this supercharged version of the hit film. From extended action to spectacular scenes that weren’t shown in theaters, F9: The Director’s Cut explodes with additional content that can only be experienced on home entertainment!
F9 also stars returning franchise cast members Michelle Rodriguez, Tyrese Gibson, Chris “Ludacris” Bridges, Nathalie Emmanuel, Jordana Brewster and Sung Kang, with Helen Mirren and Charlize Theron. The film is directed by Justin Lin, who helmed the third, fourth, fifth and sixth installments of the series. Based on characters created by Gary Scott Thompson, the story is by Justin Lin & Alfredo Botello (consultant, Star Trek Beyond) and Daniel Casey (Kin). The screenplay is by Daniel Casey & Justin Lin. The film is produced by Neal H. Moritz, Vin Diesel, Justin Lin, Jeffrey Kirschenbaum (xXx: Return of Xander Cage), Joe Roth (Maleficent franchise), Clayton Townsend (Bridesmaids) and Samantha Vincent (xXx:Return of Xander Cage).
Bonus Features on 4K UHD, Blu-ray, DVD & Digital:
- GAG REEL
- F9: ALL IN: The Fast family invites you to be part of the crew as they give you an intimate look at how F9 propels this epic franchise to even greater heights. This bonus feature, with more than 46 minutes of content, includes returning characters, new cast members, huge stunts, big surprises, and so much more.
- PRACTICALLY FAST: When it comes to stunts, it seems each film in The Fast Saga outdoes the last. In this piece, we examine how Justin Lin and his team go to great lengths to shoot as many stunts as they can in-camera and practically, giving the film an authenticity that cannot be achieved solely through visual effects or CGI.
- SHIFTING PRIORITIES: We first met many of these characters when The Fast and the Furious was released in 2001. In the 20+ years since, not only have the characters themselves grown and evolved, but so have the actors that portray them. Art often imitates life, and we look at how that’s particularly true in F9.
- JUSTICE FOR HAN: Han is back! Sung Kang and Justin Lin discuss the genesis for the return of this beloved character, while the cast reveals how much it means to them to have Kang back along for the ride.
- A DAY ON SET WITH JUSTIN LIN: The job of a director on any movie production is huge. The job of a director on a production the scale of F9 is immeasurable. Spend a day with Justin Lin and see just how demanding it is to navigate a production day when you’re the one with all the answers.
- JOHN CENA: SUPERCAR SUPERFAN: John Cena is a real-life car expert, and no franchise does cars like Fast. Watch John jump from exotic car to exotic car like a kid in a candy store, giving you a true fan’s look at some of the rarest and most expensive automobiles in the world.
- FEATURE COMMENTARY (THEATRICAL AND DIRECTOR’S CUT) WITH PRODUCER/CO-WRITER/DIRECTOR JUSTIN LIN
Leave a Reply