Geeks of Color is an online community that highlights diversity in the world of geek. We inform, entertain, and interact in support of diverse comics, writers, characters, and more. The page was created in late 2015 by Dorian Parks then officially launched on New Year’s Day of 2016. Head over to our Squad page to find out more about all the other geeks behind this page!
- Dorian Parks – Owner, Founder, EIC, Co-Host of the Goc Podcast
- Asyiqin Haron – Creative Director
- Okon Essien – News Curator
- Tracey – Executive Coordinator / Marketing Director
- Avram Vargas – Associate editor / Co-Host of Goc Podcast
At Geeks of Color, we promise to uphold our values in all the work that we do.
- Dynamism – To be dynamic and have a positive attitude
- Integrity – To be honest and have strong moral principles
- Vigor – To have enthusiasm and energy
- Empathy – To understand and share other’s feelings
- Respect – To have due regard for everyone we come across
- Solidarity – To be united among people of color and other minorities
- Inspiration – To evoke creativity, the power of imagination, and ingenuity
- Tact – To deal with sensitive topics with understanding and thought
- Intrepidness – To be fearless, courageous, and confident
Geeks of Color is active on most social media outlets – Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, but mainly on Twitter.