HBO Max Announces 8-Episode Series Order for ‘RAP SH*T’ From Issa Rae; Syreeta Singleton To Serve As Showrunner and EP And Hip Hop Duo Yung Miami and JT of City Girls To Serve As Co-EPs
[Via HBO Max press release]
- HBO Max has given an eight-episode order to the half-hour comedy series RAP SH*T (working title) from Issa Rae (HBO’s Insecure and A Black Lady Sketch Show), with Syreeta Singleton (“Insecure,” “Central Park”) serving as executive producer and showrunner, and hip hop duo Yung Miami and JT of City Girls serving as co-executive producers.
- Logline: RAP SH*T follows two estranged high school friends from Miami who reunite to form a rap group.
- Credits: RAP SH*T will be executive produced by Issa Rae and Montrel McKay (A Black Lady Sketch Show, Road Trippp) for HOORAE, as well as Jonathan Berry (Insecure) and Dave Becky (Master of None, Russian Dolls) for 3 Arts Entertainment, along with showrunner Syreeta Singleton, with Rae also writing the pilot. Hip hop duo Yung Miami and JT ofCity Girls serve as co-executive producers, along with Kevin “Coach K” Lee and Pierre “P” Thomas for Quality Control Films and Sara Rastogi for HOORAE. Rae’s audio content company Raedio will handle music supervision for the series.
- Casting is currently underway. Production is scheduled to begin this summer.
- About HOORAE: HOORAE is a multi-faceted media company that develops content across mediums and genres in an effort to continue to break boundaries in storytelling and representation. HOORAE is comprised of HOORAE Productions for film, tv and digital; Raedio, the music label in partnership with Atlantic Records; and ColorCreative, its management division.
- About Quality Control Music: Quality Control Music was founded in 2013 by CEO Pierre “P” Thomas and COO Kevin “Coach K” Lee. Garnering billions of streams yearly from groundbreaking acts like Migos, Lil’ Yachty, Lil Baby and City Girls, Quality Control is without a doubt leading the charge as one of the biggest and most influential labels of today. In 2020 QC’s Lil Baby released My Turn, the highest selling & streaming album of the year and the first and only album of 2020 to go RIAA certified double-platinum, with his entire catalogue hitting over 20 Billion streams. Acting as managers with their Solid Foundation Management, digital strategists, as well as label execs, Coach and Pee have earned the prestigious titles of 2018’s Executives of the Year by Billboard, and Innovators of the Year by Variety. Spearheading their way through the culture in music, film, sports and TV by breaking unknown acts, athletes and talent and taking them all the way to stadiums, QC has undoubtedly become the modern day blueprint for success in the industry.
Leave a Reply