Spike Lee’s ‘Do The Right Thing’ Is Now Available On 4K Ultra HD For The First Time
It’s the hottest day of the summer. You can do nothing, you can do something, or you can…Do The Right Thing. In 1989, Academy Award® winner and visionary filmmaker Spike Lee mesmerized audiences with one of the most insightful and provocative films of its time, Do The Right Thing.
Universal Pictures Home Entertainment continues to celebrate diversity and Black stories by bringing one of the most thought-provoking and groundbreaking films of its time, Do The Right Thing, to 4K Ultra HD for the first time on February 2, 2021. The controversial story centers around one scorching inner-city day, when racial tensions reach the boiling point in a tough Brooklyn neighborhood. Culturally significant and featuring over four hours of bonus features including a brand-new introduction by Director Spike Lee, a retrospective documentary with the original cast and crew, a feature commentary from Lee, deleted and extended scenes, Do The Right Thing captures a vital look at American life. The film will also be available in 4K Ultra HD format on Digital.
Do The Right Thing‘s honesty, courage and original perspective on American race relations earned two Academy Award® nominations, including Best Original Screenplay. A powerhouse ensemble cast creates a gallery of unforgettable characters, with standout performances by Danny Aiello (Oscar® nominated for Best-Supporting Actor for his role in the film), Ossie Davis (Get On The Bus), Ruby Dee (American Gangster), Rosie Perez (Fearless), John Turturro (Barton Fink) and Samuel L. Jackson (Pulp Fiction).
Do The Right Thing will be available on 4K Ultra HD combo pack, which includes 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray™, & Digital Code as well as on Digital 4K.
BONUS FEATURES ON 4K ULTRA HD & BLU-RAY™:
- Brand New Introduction by Director Spike Lee
- Do The Right Thing: 20 Years Later – Retrospective documentary with the cast and crew
- Deleted and Extended Scenes – Eleven scenes cut from the final version of the film
- Behind the Scenes – Spike Lee’s personal video footage from the set of the film
- Making – In-depth documentary on the making of the film
- Editor Barry Brown – Interview with the editor of Do The Right Thing
- The Riot Sequence – Storyboard gallery of the climatic riot sequence
- CANNES, 1989 – Follow the film’s triumphant screening at the prestigious Cannes Film as Do The Right Thing energizes and astonishes audiences with its bold message.
- Trailers – Original theatrical trailer and TV spots
- 20th Anniversary edition feature commentary with Director Spike Lee
- Feature Commentary with Director Spike Lee, Director of Photography Ernest Dickerson, Production Designer Wynn Thomas, and Actor Joie Lee
Actors: Spike Lee (Mookie), Danny Aiello (Sal), Ossie Davis (Da Mayor), Ruby Dee (Mother Sister), Giancarlo Esposito (Buggin Out), Bill Nunn (Radio Raheem), John Turturro (Pino), Samuel L. Jackson (Mister Senor Love Daddy), John Savage (Clifton), Rosie Perez (Tina), Martin Lawrence (Cee), Richard Edson (Vito), Miguel Sandoval (Officer Ponte)
Director: Spike Lee
Producer: Spike Lee
Screenplay: Spike Lee