Netflix Party: What It is and How to Use It
Amidst the outbreak of COVID-19, people all over the world have been practicing social distancing by staying at home and only going out when necessary. Social distancing can drive people crazy – think Birdbox (or even Tangled), but as always, Netflix saves the day!
They have partnered with Google to create a Chrome extension called Netflix Party! The extension allows you to watch your favorite Netflix movies and TV shows live with your friends and message them in a groupchat.
All it takes is 8 easy steps:
- If you don’t have it already, download the Google Chrome browser.
- From that browser, go to Netflix Party.
- Click the “Get Netflix Party for Free!” button.
- Add the extension for Chrome.
- Sign into Netflix and click on what you want to watch.
- Go to your address bar and click the red NP logo.
- Manage your controls to see who, if not everybody, gets to pause, rewind, etc.
- Copy the url it gives you and share it with your friends!
Netflix Party is sure to be a game changer, especially in these trying times. Be sure to share it with your friends and see how we plan to use NP in the future!
We will be a hosting a live tweet session of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse on Friday night (11pm ET/8pm PT) and trying out Netflix Party for the occasion. Be sure to join us if you can!
Stay healthy and safe out there, everyone!
1 Comment »