‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Makes $641 Million Worldwide and Breaks Multiple Box Office Records Along the Way
In its opening weekend, the latest film from Marvel Studios, Avengers: Infinity War, cleaned up at the box office. In its debut, the film raked in $641 million worldwide ($258.2 million of which came from the North American box office).
Infinity War is a culmination of 10 years worth of superhero films from Marvel Studios, so it’s no surprise that the film did impressive box office numbers – especially following the success of the record-breaking Black Panther.
Records set by Avengers: Infinity War this weekend include:
- Biggest opening weekend, taking the mantle from previous title holder, Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Second biggest opening day/Friday gross, earning $105.967 million domestically, coming in just below Star Wars: The Force Awakens which made $119 million on its opening day back in 2015.
- Biggest Saturday gross with a whopping $83 million on Saturday, smashing the previous record of $69 million set by Jurassic World.
- Biggest Sunday gross with a record-setting $69 million, just above the previous record holders for Sunday in Black Panther and Star Wars: The Force Awakens which earned $60 million on their respective Sundays.
- Biggest worldwide debut weekend with $641 million, obliterating the record of $542 globally which was previously set by Fate of the Furious.
What do you think of the records set by Avengers: Infinity War? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.
Be sure to check out the spoiler-free GOC review for Avengers: Infinity War here and catch it in theaters now!