Film’s biggest night was held last night in Hollywood at the Dolby Theater. Hosted for the second year in a row by Jimmy Kimmel, the 90th annual Oscars was a night that was filled with star power, fashion and fun.
Check out our roundup of the evening’s 10 best moments (in no particular order) below:
1. The legendary Rita Moreno stunned on the red carpet and presented an award in the same dress she wore back in 1962 when she won best Oscar for her performance in West Side Story.
2. Jordan Peele wins the Oscar for Best Original Screenplay for Get Out, becoming the first African-American to win the award.
3. Guillermo del Toro wins the Oscar for Best Director for Shape of Water and the film also wins the coveted Best Picture award.
4. The cast of Black Panther set the red carpet on fire.
5. Coco wins for Best Animated Feature and Best Original Song for “Remember Me”.
6. Helen Mirren serving as the Price Is Right-esque model in Jimmy Kimmel’s joke about timing the acceptance speeches, with the ‘winner’ having the shortest speech winning a jet ski, “Helen Mirren not included”.
7. Maya Rudolph and Tiffany Haddish (and yes, she brought back the white Alexander McQueen dress) making quite the case for being the hosts of next year’s Oscars or for them to star in a movie, television show, commercial or literally anything together.
8. Star of A Fantastic Woman, Daniela Vega, becomes the first openly transgender person to present at the Oscars.
9. Roger Deakins finally wins an Oscar for Best Cinematography for his work on Blade Runner 2049 on his 14th nomination.
10. Frances McDormand’s acceptance speech where she had all the women nominated and in attendance to stand up. She ended off her speech with two words: inclusion rider. For those who are unfamiliar with what Frances was referring to, BGN made a great informative post about it, which you can read here.
Be sure to let us know what your favourite moment was in the comment section below!