What a time to be a nerd and a sneakerhead! Following the completion of the DBZ x Addidas line, today PlayStation announced their collaboration with Paul George for a Nike PG-2 PlayStation colorway.
The Oklahoma City Thunder athlete gained control of the PlayStation Blog to make the announcement:
If you know me, you know my game never stops. Whether I’m at home or on the road, I’m always playing on my PS4, which is why I’m excited to announce my official collaboration between Nike Basketball and PlayStation with the PG-2 “PlayStation” colorway.
When designing the shoe, George claims to have pulled inspiration from the PlayStation 4’s DualShock controller and its iconic symbols. When finalizing the colorway his goal was to “create a colorway that honored my game both on and off the court.”
As if having a shoe collaboration wasn’t enough, purchase of the PG-2 also comes with an exclusive PSN voucher for a dynamic PS4 theme. That’s far from being the only noteworthy feature of this collaboration:
- The tongues of the shoe sport the PG and PlayStation logos, which illuminate and pulsate blue just like when turning on the console
- The back heel of the left shoe has a unique barcode that contains a PSN voucher code, which can be redeemed at PlayStation Store for a Paul George Dynamic Theme for your PS4
- The colors of the sneaker pay homage to the buttons on the DualShock 4 controller
- The iconic PlayStation symbols are embossed with patent leather on each shoe
- The look of the PG Dynamic Theme is reflected in the sock liner on each shoe
The PG-2 PlayStation colorway will release worldwide on February 10, 2018. As of this reporting, no information has been released regarding the colorways availability. For more pictures be sure to check out the PlayStation Blog’s image gallery.
Source: PlayStation Blog