David Harbour Has Wrapped Shooting The ‘Hellboy’ Reboot
Most people know David Harbour for his role as Chief Jim Hopper in Netflix’ Stranger Things, but in the near future more people will know who he is thanks to the… reboot (?) remake (?) of the Hellboy franchise.
Directed by Neil Marshall (Doomsday, Tales of Halloween) and starring David Harbour, Ian McShane, Milla Jovovich, and Daniel Dae Kim, this possibly R-Rated piece was -until recently- called Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen -now it’s only called Hellboy– and was called by David Harbour himself a “monster movie” but not much was said about its synopsis or story.
Speaking with Variety about his “dad bod” in Stranger Things, which he had lost due to Hellboy filming, he casually mentioned -almost like passing by- that they had finished production in Bulgaria, admitting his time on set had been tough as he is “40 years old” -he’s 42-.
“It was hard. I’m 40 years old, and I’m running around punching giants.”
Joking about his “dad bod” he said that he’s in the process to “get it back”, eating “six doughnuts a day”.
“I’ve already started the donut training. Six donuts a day! We’ll get there, folks.”
While there isn’t much Aquaman or X-Men: Dark Phoenix, is certainly unexpected to hear this in a passing note, especially as the Variety interview mainly focussed on Harbour’s Stranger Things role rather than his Hellboy part.
However, there’s still a long way to go until we see him as Hellboy, so we’ll keep you updated on the development of this film.
What do you think about this news? Are you excited about this film?
Let us know in the comment section down below!
Hellboy is set to premiere on January 11, 2019.