Anime will start to take over major streaming services in 2018.
Comicbook.com reports that streaming service Netflix will be adding thirty original by the end of 2018.
A list of the upcoming anime series are listed below:
- Violet Evergarden (Kyoto Animation)
- A.I.C.O. – Incarnation (BONES)
- Sword Gai: The Animation (DLE Inc.)
- B: The Beginning (Production I.G.)
- Lost Song (LIDEN FILMS)
- Kakegurui (MAPPA)
- DEVILMAN crybaby (Science SARU)
- Baki (TMS Entertainment)
- Cannon Busters (Satelight)
- (Domo) Rilakkuma (Dwar Studio)
- Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya (Toei Animation)
The Verge adds that this is part of Netflix’s goal to “increase the amount of money it spends on developing and producing original television and films next year, to an eye-popping $8 billion.” This also comes with news of Disney pulling out their content out of Netflix by 2019, which will include Marvel and Star Wars films.
What are your thoughts of Netflix creating original anime content? Let us know on the comments below!