Yesterday marked the first day of the 2017 San Diego Comic-Con, and there was a lot of news that came out relating to the comic book, television, and film worlds.
Here some important news to know about after Day 1:
- During FX’s Legion panel, Noah Hawley announced to convention goers that Latverian villain Doctor Doom, seen in the Fantastic Four franchise, will be getting his own solo film. (Source: Variety)
Also mentioned during the Legion SDCC Panel is introducing Saïd Taghmaoui as the villain for the hit television series’s second season. Taghmaoui has been cast as Amahl Farouk, “a somewhat obscure X-Men mutant also known as the Shadow King. [Shadow King] dreams of world domination are so violent that his evil convinced Charles Xavier to create the X-Men in the first place.” The Shadow King has been seen numerous times during season 1, but Taghmaoui will be bringing his true form for season 2. (Source: Hollywood Reporter)
- Morrison and Burnham, best known for Batman Incorporated, will return to helm Arkham Asylum 2. The announcement was made during the Meet the Publishers Panel at SDCC.
- Arkham Asylum 2 will feature an adult Damian Wayne as Batman. (Source: Comic Book Resources)
- Krypton, the SyFy series chronicling the planet of Kal-El’s origin, has dropped a teaser trailer yesterday.
- The trailer can be seen here.
- A new poster for Marvel’s upcoming film Black Panther was released during SDCC. This new poster is different from the one released during D23 last week and can be seen here.
Are excited for what will be announced on day 2? Let us know in the comments below!