As part of its Red Nose Day charity event, NBC will air a celebrity edition of its popular Summer competition series American Ninja Warrior.
One of the show’s biggest fans is the Green Arrow himself, Stephen Amell. The actor will have a chance to prove himself against a variety of athletes, comedians and actors on the special episode.
Amell’s participation comes as no surprise since he often tweets about the show and has made no secret of his desire to be a ninja competitor.
His superhero skills should come in handy on some of the obstacles, which include the Floating steps, Salmon Ladder and Warped Wall.
Celebrities will be paired with some of the best ninjas as coaches and cheerleaders.
- Actor Stephen Amell/Kacy Catanzaro
- Actress Erika Christensen (Parenthood)/Flip Rodriguez
- Dancer/host Derek Hough (Dancing With the Stars)/Daniel Gil
- Comedian Nikki Glaser/Jessie Graf (Supergirl stunt performer)
- Two-time Olympic Gold Medal decathlete Ashton Eaton/Kevin Bull
- Today host Natalie Morales/Grant McCartney
- former pro baseball player Nick Swisher/Drew Drechsel
- comedian Jeff Dye/Meagan Martin
- Actress Mena Suvari (American Pie)/Natalie Duran
NBC’s Red Nose Day programming starts with Celebrity Ninja Warrior for Red Nose Day Thursday, May 25 at 8 pm.
Source: TV Line